Headquartered in Brussels, Group de Cloedt (GDC) is a Belgian company specialized in dredging activities, the exploitation & distribution of granulates, and contaminated soil- & sediment remediation and recycling/valorization. With a yearly turnover of about 200 Mio Euros, the company is rapidly growing. Therefore, in order to support its environmental business (contaminated land remediation, environmental dredging and soil- and sediment recycling), we are looking for a (m/f):
Senior QHSE Leader Environmental Division
In this senior role you will report directly to the Management of Group De Cloedt’s Environmental Division. You will be responsible for rolling out and applying the Company’s strategic QHSE goals, both on our operational sites and project sites. You will work closely with site leaders, site QHSE coordinators developing a transparent QHSE culture that meets the international standards.
Being based in Belgium, this role will require you to travel to our production and project sites (minimum of 25%, mostly short trips). You will support and give direction to the local teams in achieving operational excellence through improving QHSE standards and by driving performance between sites to achieve group targets. Our ambition is to achieve an overall enhancement of our quality and safety culture across the environmental division fulfilling the needs of our clients in the growing international environment we’re operating in.
More specific, there is an increased focus on initiatives concerning safety-culture (such as implementation of OHSAS 18000 or equivalent), and there is also the need for QHSE support on international tenders and projects. As such, this role can be considered as a quality & safety leadership role combined with a supporting role on specific tenders and projects. On international projects, you will also be appointed as QHSE focal point for our clients and apply the company’s QHSE policy.
Qualifications and Skills
- You hold a master in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent;
- You have a Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety: “Preventieadviseur niveau 1”, “Conseiller en prévention niveau 1”;
- Experience with ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 is required;
- You must have at least 10 years of experience as a safety professional in a similar business environment (preferably (environmental) contracting and/or dredging) of which at least 5 years in a safety leadership role;
- Language skills: Fluent in English and French is mandatory; a sound knowledge of Dutch is highly recommended;
- Knowledge of HSE regulations in Belgium is required. Knowledge of regulations in France and UK is recommended. Direct working experience on projects in France, UK and/or Scandinavian countries is an asset;
- You are a leader that can make things happen, and can convince our personnel that safety is number one priority.You are a good communicator & motivator who increases the safety awareness of our staff applying the behaviour based safety principles;
- You are a good presenter as you will represent the company to external stakeholders in your field of expertise;
- You have the ability to apply the (theoretical) legal requirements in the most pragmatic and effective way, in other words you are a “doer”.
Attractive salary package including benefits (company car, health insurance, etc.…);
An opportunity to set direction and give HSE leadership in a growing company with simultaneous direct involvement in high-level projects;
Interesting (international) career opportunities as the company will further develop in the future.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com. For more information, please feel free to call Ingo Sterck (0032 (0)483 662055).